Grilled chicken thighs with a homemade tarragon aioli is not your everyday chicken salad. Tarragon, chives, garlic and parsley are the perfect combination of herbs for a very flavorful aioli.
- 4 boneless, grilled or baked chicken thighs, chopped to bite size pieces
- 2 stalks celery, cut into small slices
- 1 small red pepper, cut into small slices
- 1 egg yolk ***
- 2 TB. lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 cup light olive oil *
- 1 TB fresh minced tarragon (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 TB fresh minced chives ( or 1 tsp dried)
- 1–2 TB fresh minced parsley (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Grill or bake chicken thighs to 165°. Let cool..
- Chop into small pieces and add to a bowl.
- Mix in red pepper and celery. Set aside
- Make tarragon aioli: ** With a fork, quickly whisk the egg yolk with garlic and lemon juice. You will see it begin to thicken. Slowly add the olive oil, about 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking the entire time. Continue until all the oil is added. Mix in the salt, pepper and herbs.
- Add in the chopped chicken and vegetables.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
*If the aioli is too thick for your preference, you can add an additional 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil.
** You can also use an immersion blender to mix in the olive oil. Just make sure you whisk the egg first, before adding oil.
***If you prefer not to make the aioli with the raw egg yolk, you can still make this chicken salad! Just mix about a 1/2 cup of your preferred mayonnaise with the herbs and garlic. Combine with the chicken and vegetables, and you will have your own version of this recipe.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chicken Salad with Tarragon Aioli