Quiche is one of those types of foods that is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And when it is a crustless broccoli and sun-dried tomato quiche, it is special enough to serve to company. It is so good, no one will miss the crust!
Why do we love eggs?
We all know that eggs taste delicious and are so versatile. People following a low carb or keto diet rely on the power of eggs to provide high quality protein to help keep us full and reduce insulin resistance.
According to Healthline, eggs really are a super food. When we choose enriched, organic pasture raised eggs, we are providing our bodies with tons of vitamins and nutrients. Eggs are rich in Vitamins B12, B2, B5, selenium, choline, and lutein and zeaxanthin for eye health. Whew, that is a whole pharmacy of vitamins in one little egg!
What are the ingredients in Crustless Broccoli Sun-dried Tomato Quiche?
- chopped frozen broccoli
- shredded cheese
- sun-dried tomatoes
- half and half or milk
- cherry tomatoes
- season salt
- garlic powder
- dried minced onion or onion powder
How easy is it to make quiche?
Quiche is a simple, quick recipe that you can make very easily. And you will love how easy it is to change up the ingredients to have different flavors in your quiche.
- Preheat oven and prepare pie plate.
- Put defrosted and drained chopped broccoli on bottom of plate.
- Mix all ingredients except cherry tomatoes and pour on top of broccoli. Arrange the cherry tomatoes on top of egg mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 40 minutes or until no longer jiggly in center.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
What substitutions can we make?
- You can use regular milk instead of half and half. I have never made this recipe with dairy free milk, but I have seen other quiche recipes that used almond milk.
- Chopped ham or sausage can be used instead of bacon. Or leave out the meat. Just add a few more vegetables. There is enough flavor in the quiche, so it should be fine.
- Asparagus, mushrooms and spinach are all delicious veggies that can be added instead of broccoli.
- Plain cheddar, goat cheese, mozzarella and Swiss are some other cheeses that taste great in a quiche.
To go along with this yummy quiche, you might like to try somePrint
This hearty, low carb, crustless quiche is filled with eggs, bacon, cheese and veggies. It is so full of flavor you will not miss the crust.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 1/2 cups chopped frozen broccoli (defrosted and drained of water)
- 7–8 slices cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1 cup shredded cheese ( I used a blend of cheddar & Monterey Jack)
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4–6 cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9 inch pie pan with baking spray.
- Spread the chopped broccoli on the bottom of the pan.
- Whisk the eggs, half and half, bacon, cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and spices.
- Pour over broccoli and arrange sliced cherry tomatoes on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 40 minutes.
- The quiche is done when it is no longer jiggly in the center. You can also test it by inserting a thin knife in the center and it comes out clean.
- Cool for about 5-10 minutes. You can serve it hot or at room temperature.
* You can substitute milk for the half and half
*Chopped ham or sausage can be used instead of the bacon or you leave it out.
*You can also try other vegetables such as asparagus or spinach in the quiche instead of the broccoli.
*The quiche also tastes great reheated in a 350°F oven. Just cover with aluminum foil so it doesn’t get too browned on top. Bake for about 15 minutes until heated through.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Crustless Broccoli Sun-dried Tomato Quiche