This is a delicious and dense almond loaf cake that is so simple to make. It looks very pretty when you serve it to family and friends.
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons almond extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Lightly whisk the eggs in a medium to large bowl
- Add vegetable oil and almond extract and whisk together to combine.
- Stir in the flour, sugar and salt. Mix batter until blended, but do not overmix or the loaf will be tough.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and sprinkle almonds over top of batter lightly pressing them down. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Use a cake tester or toothpick to check loaf at approximately 40 minutes and check in 5 minute increments until tester comes out clean.
- Cool loaf on a rack for 10 minutes and then loosen with spatula and turn out onto the rack to finish cooling.
- This cake is so delicious on its own but if you prefer you can serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
*If you bake this cake in a dark loaf pan, make sure to check at the minimum time, a lighter pan may need a bit more time. A tester will be your best way to test doneness.
*This cake was inspired by After Orange County.
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baking
Keywords: Simply Delicious Almond Loaf Cake