This air fryer tuna steak recipe will quickly be added to your rotation of easy, low carb and keto meals. There is minimal prep involved and the tuna cooks in under 5 minutes. Add a squeeze of lemon and this flavorful tomato relish and you will love every bite!
- 2 (6 oz.) ahi tuna steaks, fresh or frozen
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning*
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 celery stalk, cut in 3 pieces if using food processor *
- 3 scallions, cut in 3 pieces *
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeds and core removed, cut in medium chunks*
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes *
- 2 tablespoons sugar or sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons white or red wine vinegar
- 1/4-1/2 crushed red pepper flakes
- For Food Processor: Pulse celery and pepper chunks in processor for 10 seconds or so and add tomatoes, scallions, sugar, vinegar and seasonings. Don't over process, the relish should still have a bit of a chunky texture and not be liquified and runny.
- If not using processor, just finely chop the vegetables to the size that you would like for the relish. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat air fryer at 375°F. for 5 minutes.
- Mix seasonings in a small bowl
- Rub tuna steak with olive oil and seasonings on both sides.
- Cook tuna for 2 minutes and flip over for another 2-3 minutes, depending how thick the steak is.
- If tuna is fresh, it will take a minute less.
- Test with a meat thermometer. Rare will be 115°F and medium rare will register 125°F.
- Let the tuna rest for 5 minutes and serve with lemon and tomato relish.
*If you don't have Old Bay, use 1/2 teaspoon each of paprika, onion powder, celery salt, pepper.
*I am using a Philips XXL air fryer. Since different brands may cook faster or slower, always rely on your meat thermometer to determine if tuna is done.
*Leftover tuna will keep in the refrigerator for 1-2 days in an airtight container. You can reheat in the air fryer or a pan on the stovetop. But the tuna may not be as tender and may be drier after reheating.
*The tomato relish will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Use on burgers, meatloaf, sausages or any food that you would use with ketchup or salsa.
Keywords: grilled fish, seafood dinner