Serve this healthy, Crustless Salmon and Vegetable Quiche for breakfast, brunch, lunch or a light supper. You will love how tasty it is, filled with smoked salmon, peppers and onion.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red or yellow pepper, small diced pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered*
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced *
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 3/4 cup feta cheese
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray a 9 inch pie pan, dish or tart pan with non stick baking spray.
- Chop vegetables into similar size. Chop salmon in small pieces.
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Cook onion and peppers and saute' until light brown.
- Whisk the eggs until completely combined together. Add the remaining ingredients, reserving about 1/4 cup cheese for the topping.
- Pour quiche filling into the pie pan and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes on middle rack of oven. Cover quiche if getting too brown.
- Test the center with a knife. It should come out just barely clean. The center should be set. You can also test with a meat thermometer. It should read at least 160°F.
- Serve warm, room temperature or from the refrigerator.
*Substitute heavy cream or whole milk if preferred.
*If you don't have fresh herbs, use 1 teaspoon of dried dill and parsley.
*Store in refrigerator for up to 4 days. Or store cooled quiche in airtight container and keep in freezer for up to 3 months. Defrost overnight in refrigerator. Reheat in microwave, in covered fry pan or in the oven until hot.
Keywords: Quiche, crustless, egg dish, healthy breakfast