Your dog will love these crunchy blueberry biscuits. And you will love that they are naturally healthy and gluten free.
- 1/3 cup sifted coconut flour
- 2 1/2 cups brown rice flour *
- 1/3 cup golden flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, organic frozen blueberries
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray silicone tray molds with non stick baking spray. **
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until fully mixed together.***
- Spoon out dough onto parchment paper. Shape into a large ball. The dough should feel only slightly tacky, it should not stick to your hands. Add a few tablespoons of water if it seems too dry. If the dough feels too wet, add a few tablespoons of rice flour. (Don’t add more coconut flour or it will be too dry.)
- Fill the molds with the dough and lightly press down to completely fill the shape of the biscuit mold.****
- Bake for 45minutes. Turn oven off and let the biscuits fully cool in the oven.
- Remove biscuit molds from oven and set on rack. Turn molds over and gently press down on the silicone molds to remove biscuits. Leave out at room temperature overnight and dog biscuits will become crisper.
- Store in airtight container for 2 weeks. Can also be frozen. Store in labeled freezer bag or container for up to 3 months.
*You can make your own brown rice flour in a grinder or blender. See instructions above.
**If you don’t have silicone molds, form a tablespoon of dough in a ball and then press down on parchment lined baking sheet.
*** You can also stir the ingredients in a large bowl with a wooden spoon until combined.
****Please note-the total time for recipe does not include cooling time.
- Category: Dog Treats
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Gluten Free Blueberry Dog Biscuits