An easy baked chicken dinner given a special flavor boost with a mix of herbs and whipped herb butter .
- 2 lbs. bone in chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup/ 1 stick butter, softened
- fresh herbs of choice, finely. minced. I used sage, thyme, rosemary, oregano and garlic (dried herbs are a great plan B if fresh is not available.)
- brown rice, cooked according to package directions
- cauliflower rice
- green beans, cleaned and trimmed
- Blend the softened butter with minced herbs until butter is whipped and herbs are completely mixed in.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prep the chicken by smearing some herb butter under the skin of the thighs and put some fresh herbs underneath skin as well.
- Salt and pepper the thighs and bake in oven for about 40-45 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 165°.
- While chicken cooks, you can prepare your side dishes. Cook the rice as package directs. As it finishes cooking, you can add some herb butter to flavor the rice.
- Cook the vegetables by first sautéing them in a pan with the herb butter and then add some water to the pan, cover and steam to fully cook, approximately 5 -7 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to rice and vegetables to taste.
*Scoop out as much butter as you will need and work from that. As you are putting the herb butter under the chicken skin, be careful not to dip your utensil or fingers back into the butter container to avoid contamination.
**You will probably only need about 1 pat (1/2 tablespoon) of the herb butter per thigh, so you will have leftover butter to use on vegetables or as you choose.
**If your herbs stick outside of the chicken thigh, you can put a tiny bit of oil on them to help avoid the herbs burning.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
Keywords: Herb butter baked chicken