A quick and easy beef dinner made in your Instant Pot. The sweet and lightly spiced beef will be so tender and flavorful.
- 2 lbs. top round steak cut in 1 inch cubes
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 cup beef broth (or diluted brown gravy)
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup, or a bit more to taste, Erythritol or other sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons oyster or fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar or white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce or 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds for garnish
- 1 tablespoon dried chives for garnish
- Cut beef into 1 inch cubes.
- Mix the flour with the onion and garlic powder and pour in a ziplock bag.
- Put beef in the bag and shake to combine
- Turn the sauté feature on the Instant pot and pour 1 tablespoon oil in the bottom
- Put flour coated beef in the Instant pot and stir to sauté approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Into a bowl, pour the beef broth or diluted gravy, soy sauce, sugar substitute, ginger, fish sauce, vinegar, hot or chili sauce or red pepper flakes. Whisk to combine.
- Pour sauce over the beef.
- Select the manual setting and adjust pressure to high. Make sure the lever is on 'sealing" on the lid of Instant pot. Set timer for 15 minutes.
- When finished cooking, do a quick release. I use a long handled wooden spoon to slowly release pressure. However, it is always best to consult your manual for directions.
- After pressure is fully released you can open the lid and check the sauce for taste and thickness.
- If it needs a bit more spice, you can add either more chili sauce or red pepper. If you like it a bit sweeter, just add another teaspoon or so of sweetener.
- If the sauce is too thick, just add a bit more broth.
- Serve with a sprinkle of sesame seed and some dried or chopped fresh chives.
* Taste the sauce and add more sugar or seasonings to taste.
*I sautéed the broccoli in a pan with olive oil and seasoning separately, rather than cook in the instant pot with the beef to avoid it getting too mushy. You can also use the steam in bag broccoli to save time.
Keywords: Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli