A quick and easy beef dinner made in your Instant Pot. The sweet and lightly spiced beef will be so tender and flavorful.
- 2 lbs. top round steak cut in 1 inch cubes
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 cup beef broth (or diluted brown gravy)
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup, or a bit more to taste, Erythritol or other sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons oyster or fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar or white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce or 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds for garnish
- 1 tablespoon dried chives for garnish
- Cut beef into 1 inch cubes.
- Mix the flour with the onion and garlic powder and pour in a ziplock bag.
- Put beef in the bag and shake to combine
- Turn the sauté feature on the Instant pot and pour 1 tablespoon oil in the bottom
- Put flour coated beef in the Instant pot and stir to sauté approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Into a bowl, pour the beef broth or diluted gravy, soy sauce, sugar substitute, ginger, fish sauce, vinegar, hot or chili sauce or red pepper flakes. Whisk to combine.
- Pour sauce over the beef.
- Select the manual setting and adjust pressure to high. Make sure the lever is on ‘sealing” on the lid of Instant pot. Set timer for 15 minutes.
- When finished cooking, do a quick release. I use a long handled wooden spoon to slowly release pressure. However, it is always best to consult your manual for directions.
- After pressure is fully released you can open the lid and check the sauce for taste and thickness.
- If it needs a bit more spice, you can add either more chili sauce or red pepper. If you like it a bit sweeter, just add another teaspoon or so of sweetener.
- If the sauce is too thick, just add a bit more broth.
- Serve with a sprinkle of sesame seed and some dried or chopped fresh chives.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
Keywords: Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli