These keto cornbread muffins don’t have cornmeal in them but you would never know! The flavor and texture is just right. It is the perfect muffin to serve with soups, stews or even for breakfast.
- 1/2 cup fine almond flour (sifted)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour (sifted)
- 1 TB golden flaxmeal
- 2–3 tsps. sugar substitute ( I used Swerve)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 5 TB butter, melted
- 1 tsp. corn extract, optional * ( I used Amoretti from Amazon)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Use baking spray in a muffin pan. **
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the flours, flaxseed meal, Swerve, salt, baking powder and xanthan gum.
- In another bowl, whisk extract, cream and eggs together and pour into the dry ingredients. Stir well with large spoon to combine. Don’t overmix the batter.
- Add the melted butter and stir to mix.
- Use an ice cream or large cookie scoop to fill batter into the prepared muffin cups. Fill them about 2/3 full. It should have enough batter for 9 muffins. If you want larger muffins, fill 3/4 full.
- Bake in the 400°F oven for approximately 5 minutes. Turn oven temperature down to 350°F to finish baking for another 10 minutes or until muffins are golden brown.
- You can also test a muffin with a toothpick. It should come out clean or with just a tiny crumble on it.
- Let pan cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- To remove: carefully use a spatula or butter knife around the edges of muffin to loosen from pan.
- Cool muffins completely on rack.
* I have made this recipe with and without the corn extract. You will love the muffins either way. My husband and I do not agree which one tastes better. I say if you can, order the extract, you may like the extra corn flavor it gives.
**If you use muffin/cupcake liners, you don’t need to spray the muffins pan, but I do recommend lightly spraying the liners before filling with batter.
*** Store muffins in an airtight container for up to two days. After that, I would store in refrigerator. They should stay fresh an additional 5 days or so. They also can be frozen. I use a zipper freezer bag with the air gently pressed out. Thaw muffins at room temperature for about an hour before serving. You can also reheat in the microwave for 20 seconds or so.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Keto Cornbread Muffins