These keto cranberry donuts are crispy and sugary on the outside. It has a soft and fluffy center combined with chopped cranberries. The sweet citrus glaze has just the right amount of orange zest for this delicious donut.
- 3 TB coconut flour
- 2/3 fine almond flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 sugar substitute ( Monkfruit/Swerve blend)
- 3 TB coconut oil, melted
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 -1/2 cup cranberries, chopped*
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar substitute
- 3 TB heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp orange extract (optional)**
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a doughnut pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Sift all dry ingredients together in a bowl to remove any lumps.
- Add the eggs, oil and vanilla and mix until it comes together as a thick dough.
- Using a knife, chopper or food processor, chop the cranberries into small pieces. Stir into the dough.
- Use a piping bag or a zip lock bag with tip snipped off, pipe the dough into the doughnut pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool in pan for about 3 minutes, then remove donuts to wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk the powdered sugar substitute, cream, orange zest and extract, if using.
- The glaze should be a medium thickness consistency. If you'd like it a bit thinner, you can add another tablespoon of cream.
- Dip the cooled donuts into the glaze and place on parchment or wax paper to dry. If you'd like, you can sprinkle with additional chopped cranberries and orange zest.
*You can use fresh or frozen cranberries. If using the frozen, leave them in the freezer until the last minute before you chop them. This will help prevent them from getting too soft or mushy before you add them to the dough.
** You can add as much or as little orange flavor as you'd like. 1 tsp of orange zest = 1/2 tsp orange extract. Orange zest is the same as orange peel. Don't use the white part of the orange, it will be bitter.
***The donuts will stay fresh at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days. To store longer, wrap in plastic and place in freezer bag for about 2 months. Let defrost in refrigerator overnight. You can warm them for a few seconds in a microwave and they will taste freshly baked.
Keywords: Keto Cranberry Donuts