This keto lemon cake is perfectly moist and dense. It has bright and citrusy flavors from lemon extract and plenty of lemon zest.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar substitute ( I used Swerve & Monkfruit)
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 large eggs, room temperature
- 8 oz. ( 1 block) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperaure
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, optional
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl, set aside.
- Into a mixer, beat the butter until fluffy. Beat in cream cheese, sugar substitute and lemon zest, and lemon and vanilla extracts. Continue mixing until all blended together.
- Add the eggs and beat well into the batter.
- Pour all dry ingredients into mixing bowl and mix to combine
- Take the bowl off the mixer and fold in the sour cream. The batter will be very thick.
- Pour into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour. If the top of the cake is browning too much, you can cover lightly with aluminum foil. Start checking the cake for doneness at 55 minutes. It is done when a toothpick comes out clean or with only a few crumbs on it.
- Let cool on a rack for 15 minutes and remove from pan to cool completely before slicing.
* Don’t substitute the coconut flour for almond as they need different amounts of liquids in a recipe.
* Use room temperature dairy and all the eggs in the recipe.
*Wait for cake to fully cool since it may fall apart if you slice it too soon.
- Category: Keto
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
Keywords: Keto Lemon Cake