These keto mini chocolate cheesecakes are the perfect low carb, bite size snack or dessert. The triple layer of chocolate will satisfy all your cravings.
For 24 mini cheesecakes
- 1 cup fine almond flour, sifted
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 ounces dark chocolate sugar substitute chocolate bar ( I used ChocZero)*
- 16 ounces ( 2 packages) cream cheese, room temperature **
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar substitute ( I used 1/2 cup Swerve & 1/4 cup Monkfruit)***
- 2 tablespoons dark Cocoa powder ( I used Special Dark Hershey)
- 2 large eggs + 2 egg yolks, room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ounces dark chocolate sugar substitute bar OR sugar free chocolate syrup.
Preheat oven to 325°F.. Line muffin cups with paper liners. Lightly spray with non stick baking spray.
- Melt butter and mix with sugar substitute, cocoa and almond flour. Press approximately one tablespoon of the crust into the bottom of each muffin cup. Bake for 5 minutes and then remove from oven.
- Lower temperature to 300°F.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring frequently. until melted.
- In a food processer or mixer, blend the cream cheese and sugar substitute for about 3 minutes. Scrape the sides and bottom to make sure batter is fully blended.
- Add the sour cream and cocoa powder and beat until smooth. Add in the eggs and heavy cream. Mix together for about 30 seconds. Fold in the melted chocolate and vanilla by hand with a spatula, making sure it is evenly blended together.
- Divide the batter into the muffin cups, filling about 2/3-3/4 full.
- Bake cheesecakes for 15 minutes. Turn off oven and leave door closed for another 10 minutes.
- Remove cheesecakes from oven and cool on rack before adding topping.
- Melt the chocolate and spoon 1/2 tablespoon over each cheesecake. The chocolate will harden on top of cheesecake when you refrigerate them. If you want a more liquid chocolate topping that won't harden, use the same amount of syrup, instead of the chocolate, on top of cheesecakes.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
*You can also use Lily's brand of sugar free chocolate.
**Always make sure the cream cheese is softened for any cheesecake. It ensures a smooth batter. You can quickly soften it in the microwave. Just remove from packaging and put in microwave safe bowl for approximately 30 seconds.
***I like to mix different types of sugar substitue when I am baking. I believe it helps to give a more realistic sugar flavor and has less cooling effect in taste.
Keywords: low carb, cream cheese, muffin