These keto rolls with yeast taste just like homestyle dinner rolls. They are crusty and chewy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. They are the perfect low carb bread to serve with eggs for breakfast or as a side for lunch or dinner.
- 3 tablespoons golden flaxseed meal
- 3 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yeast*
- 1 teaspoon molasses **
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water, (about 100°F.)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 egg whites
- 1 – 2 tablespoons seasonings/topping of choice ***
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all dry ingredients, except yeast, in a large bowl.
- Make a small hole/indentation in center of ingredients, about 2 inches in diameter.
- Pour yeast in hole, cover with dry ingredients.
- Add the vinegar, molasses and egg whites and stir well.
- Pour warm water around edges of batter and mix together. Don’t over mix. The dough should still be moist and a bit sticky.
- Use a little olive oil to moisten hands and shape dough into 6 rounded balls. Place on parchment or silicone mat on a baking sheet. Sprinkle seasoning over top of rolls.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, checking rolls at 40 minutes. They should be browned and the bottom of roll should be firm and have a hollow sound when you tap on it. ***
* If you don’t have molasses, you can leave it out.
* You can use either active or rapid rise yeast.
** I used ‘Everything but the Bagel’ seasoning. You can use poppy or sesame seeds, minced garlic or onion. Or you can use some melted butter on top.
*** My rolls were finished baking at 40 minutes. Ovens vary by temperature quite a bit. Always start checking on the lowest variation of time and check every 5 minutes or so.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Keto Rolls with Yeast