This decadent keto strawberry cheesecake is so rich and creamy, it is hard to believe it is a low carb dessert. It’s made with a low carb crust and layered with a sugar free strawberry puree’.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour, sifted
- 3 TB. Swerve or other sugar substitute
- 4 TB. melted butter
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 (8 oz.) bricks of full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 oz. full fat sour cream, room temperature
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries, defrosted
- 3 TB. granulated sugar substitute
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9″ springform pan with non-stick baking springform pan.
- Make crust. Combine crust ingredients, stirring well. Press the dough into bottom of pan so it covers the bottom evenly. Lightly poke a few small holes in crust with a fork to prevent bubbles.
- Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes until the crust is light brown. Remove from oven and let cool while making the filling and puree.
- Make puree‘. Pour defrosted strawberries into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add the sugar substitute and blend to combine. Taste for sweetness, add a bit more as needed.
- If you’d like to remove some of the seeds, you can strain the puree through a fine sieve. Set aside.
- Make filling:
- Blend softened cream cheese in a stand mixer, adding in the sugar substitute until fully combined.
- Add the sour cream, salt and vanilla. Mix everything together until light and fluffy.
- Remove bowl from mixer and stir the eggs in by hand and mix in completely.
- Pour half batter into pan. Drop spoonfuls of puree’ onto batter and swirl with a thin knife.’
- Pour remaining batter on top and add more dollops to swirl. You can also save some to pour on top of baked cheesecake.
- Boil water and pour about an inch into a large oven-safe bowl or casserole. Place on bottom level of oven.
- Place pan of cheesecake on bottom rack of oven, above the steaming water.
- Bake about 1 hour or until outer edges are set but center and outer center is still jiggly.
- Turn off oven, crack the door and let cheesecake cool down slowly for another hour.
- Remove from oven. Cover and cool overnight in refrigerator.
- Slide a thin butter knife or spatula around the outer edge of cheesecake. Undo the hinge and remove.
- To serve: you can spoon more puree’ over the top, decorate with strawberries or add whipped cream.
- Always use room temperature dairy for cheesecakes.
- Don’t beat the eggs with the cream cheese. Mix them in by hand to avoid too much air being incorporated into the batter.
- Use a water bath below the cheesecake. Or try tightly wrapping the pan with aluminum foil and letting the pan sit in about 1 inch of water in a larger casserole or dish.
- Turn oven off when center of cheesecake is still jiggly and let it cool down slowly in the oven with door cracked open a few inches.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Keto Strawberry Cheesecake