Tender pork chops are infused with a lemon pepper marinade. Searing them quickly seals in the juices and they are easily cooked on your indoor grill pan or outdoor BBQ grill.
- 4 bone-in pork chops, about 3/4"-1" thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar or sugar substitute *
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon pepper**
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade and mix well.
- Place pork chops in a large bowl or plastic zipper bag and pour marinade over chops.
- Place in refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Use some non stick spray on a large grill pan. Preheat the pan or grill over medium heat.
- Remove pork chops from marinade and place on grill. Don't move them and let chops cook for about 3 minutes to get a good sear on them.
- Flip the chops and sear on the other side.
- Lower temperature to low-medium heat and continue cooking until meat thermometer registers 145°.***
- Remove from grill and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
* You can use sugar substitute if you prefer to keep the marinade sugar free.
** Make your own lemon pepper seasoning by combining: 1 teaspoon pepper, garlic powder and lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder and salt.
***Remove pork chops from grill when a meat thermometer registers 145°F. They will continue to cook a bit while they rest before serving. Pork is safe to eat when it reaches this temperature.
You can store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Lemon Pepper Pork Chops