Low Carb biscuits are a healthy and filling way to enjoy your breakfast. Try them with some eggs or even make a breakfast sandwich with ham, chicken or turkey.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup fine milled almond flour (sifted)
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour (sifted)
- 5 tablespoons golden flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup whey protein isolate
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablspoons (1 stick) butter
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of choice of seasoning
- Preheat oven 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or silicone mat
- Into a bowl, lightly whisk the egg, sour cream, water and apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- Add the flours, protein, flaxseed meal, baking powder, Xanthan gum and salt in a food processor and pulse until all ingredients are combined. Use a spatula and scrape around the side and bottom to make sure everything was mixed together.
- Add in the butter and lightly pulse a few times. You will see the dough become combined and it will be about the size of a pea. Pour in the egg/sour cream mixture. Pulse until combined. Do not over mix the batter, it should not be overly smooth.
- Use a spoon or large cookie scoop to drop the dough onto baking pan. Gently smooth over the tops, but don’t press down on the dough. If you prefer, you can brush the top with melted butter and sprinkle on some seasonings.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes, until a deep golden color. Start checking on them at 15 minutes. Add a few minutes if needed.
- The biscuits will keep well in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days. I keep mine in my refrigerator and they stay fresh all week.
* Please note that the nutrition info was created based on making 6 biscuits. The second time I made them I shaped the batter into 8 biscuits. And honestly they were perfectly fine. Still very filling, but less calories (229 vs. 305 and 16 fat vs. 21).
- Category: Low Carb Bread
- Method: Bake
- Serving Size: 1 biscuit
Keywords: Low Carb Breakfast Biscuits