Soft and fluffy on the inside and crispy sugary on the outside, these low carb glazed donuts are absolutely delicious!
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener
- 3 tablespoons erythritol
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 beaten eggs ( I took out 2 tablespoons of egg)
- 1/2 cup monk fruit and/or erythritol
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift all dry ingredients, smoothing out any lumps. Whisk together in a bowl
- Add the egg, oil and vanilla and mix until it comes together as a thick dough.
- Use a piping or zip lock bag to pipe dough into the pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- My pan held 6 donuts, so I piped the rest of the dough after the first batch was finished baking.
- Cool donuts on rack and make the glaze.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the water, sweetener and oil.
- Cook on medium low heat for about 5 minutes while whisking the glaze in the pan. Add in vanilla.
- I used tongs to dip the donuts into the glaze and let them dry a bit on parchment paper before dipping again.
- If the glaze starts to harden in the pan, you can reheat for a minute or two to melt.
- Let the donuts fully cool and the glaze will harden a bit on the outside to become sweetly crispy.
- Category: Low Carb
- Method: Bake
Keywords: Low carb glazed donuts