Lovers of crunchy cookies and chocolate will adore these low carb brownie crisps. Go ahead, have more than one!
- 1 cup almond flour, sifted to remove lumps
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large egg whites ( I used egg whites from a carton)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar substitute ( I used 3/4 cup Erythritol and 1/2 cup Monkfruit)
- 6 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar free mini chocolate chips ( I used Lily’s)
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Line a 11 x 17 baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine sifted almond flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl and mix together.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites until frothy approximately 1 minute. Whisk in the sugar until completely mix in. Slowly whisk in cocoa powder and then mix in the coconut oil and vanilla.
- Lightly whisk in the almond flour and continue until until a smooth batter.
- Pour mixture onto baking sheet and using a spatula spread the batter to just inside the edges of the pan.
- Try to make sure the batter is evenly distributed and the edges are not too thin.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake 17 minutes, remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes. Gently cut into squares and carefully make a little space between each crisp. Bake another 5- 10 minutes. Check by lightly touching to see if not underbred. They will become crispier as they cool.
- When fully cool, separate completely into squares. I got 20 approximate 2×2 squares.
*After I spread the batter to the edges, I used the side of spatula to make sure it was straight and with similar thickness along the sides. This will prevent any over browning or burning.
**This recipe was adapted from Golden Barrel.