This coconut cake is quick and easy to make; no mixer needed! It is a lower carb dessert with no added sugar. A tasty little cake to have on hand when a sweet craving hits and you want a treat.
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup almond flour
2 tablespoons coconut flour
3/4 cup sugar substitute ( I used Monkfruit and Erythritol)
2/3 cup unsweetened coconut
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk ( I used half dairy free unsweetened coconut milk, half 2 % milk)
4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 –3 teaspoons coconut extract
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375°. Use baking spray to coat a 8 inch round or square pan. Also place a piece a parchment paper on bottom of pan to prevent the cake from sticking.
- Into a large bowl, sift the dry ingredients and whisk together.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the butter, milk, egg and extracts.
- Add the liquids in to the dry ingredients and mix until batter is smooth. Stir in the apple cider vinegar.
- Pour into pan and immediately bake in oven until the center springs back when lightly touched in center of cake.
- Cake should be done at approximately 30 minutes. Since all ovens are different, check the cake at 20 minutes. If browning too quickly, cover lightly with foil and bake up to 10 minutes longer.
- Cool on baking rack for 10 minutes and then invert onto rack to finish cooling.
*It’s very important not to overmix the batter once the vinegar has been added. Also, make sure the oven temperature is correct and bake the cake right away.
** Even though I changed the original recipe quite a bit to satisfy my preferences, I still like to give credit where credit is due. I found this recipe on the Bariatric Eating website.
Keywords: No sugar added coconut cake