This teriyaki beef and broccoli recipe has tender beef simmered in a sweet and savory sauce. This delicious beef stir fry is a one pan meal that can easily be on the dinner table in about 30 minutes.
- 1 1/2 pounds top sirloin steak, sliced into about 1/4 inch thick slices *
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch, flour or Arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth *
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar or white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce or 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes, optional *
- 1 16 ounce package frozen broccoli florets
- sesame seeds, chopped green onions (optional)
In a large bowl, place the sliced beef, cornstarch, ginger, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir well to coat beef.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium heat. Place the coated beef in the pan and stir beef for 4 minutes until lightly browned.
3. In a small bowl or a measuring cup, stir together the broth, sugar, soy sauce, chili sauce or red pepper flakes, if using.
4. Pour sauce mixture into the skillet and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for about 3 minutes to thicken the sauce.
5. Microwave the frozen broccoli florets for 2 minutes, just until tender-crisp. Then pour them into the skillet. Simmer in the teriyaki sauce for another 2 minutes until heated through.
6. Serve on a bed of white, basmati, jasmine, brown or cauliflower rice.
7. Garnish with optional sesame seed and chopped green onions.
* You can also use flank steak or top round steak.
*Diluted beef gravy can be substituted for the beef broth. (Only use about 1/2 gravy packet).
*For lower carb- use Monkfruit, Allulose or Erythritol
* Add the chili sauce or red pepper flakes if you like just a touch of spiciness.
Keywords: beef, broccoli, stir fry, skillet, 30 minute meal