This easy and healthy 4 bean vegetable salad is perfect for lunch or dinner. It is dressed with a lemony balsamic vinaigrette. You will love this salad all year long.
- (1) 15 oz. can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- (1) 15 oz. can black beans, drained, rinsed
- (1) 15 oz. can garbanzo (chickpeas) drained, rinsed
- 1/2 lb. green beans, trimmed & halved
- 1 small English (seedless) cucumber, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
Lemon Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar substitute
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- juice of 1 lemon or about 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the green beans for about 3 minutes to crisp tender. Drain and put beans in cold water for a few minutes to stop cooking. Drain again to prepare for the salad
- Add all the beans and vegetables in a large bowl, mix together.
- Make the vinaigrette- in a large mixing bowl or a shaker cup mix the lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, sugar substitute, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle in the olive oil stirring or shaking it quickly until fully mixed together.
- Pour over salad and keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To avoid wilting, add the chopped parsley before serving.
- Make sure to drain and rinse the canned beans.
- The salad will need some time to marinate the flavors together. Keep in refrigerator at least an hour before serving.
- I have added grilled boneless chicken to this salad for dinner. Perfect when you don’t want to use your oven.
- The salad will keep up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 4 Bean Vegetable Salad