These healthy turkey burgers cooked in your air fryer are so juicy and taste like they were cooked on a grill. They are a delicious, low carb and keto meal you can serve very quickly any time you are craving a burger.
- 1 lb. ground turkey, 93% lean
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar free chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons burger seasoning*
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- Combine all ingredients except turkey and cheese. Stir well. Mix in ground turkey.
- Rub a little olive oil in your fingers and form turkey into 4 equal size patties. Make a small indentation in the center.
- Put in freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat air fryer to 375°F.
- Spray fryer basket with non stick cooking spray.
- Add patties, close lid and fry for 7 minutes, gently flip patties and continue to cook for another 7 minutes.
- Test patties with meat thermometer. They are done if it registers 165°F. If not done, cook for another minute or two and test again.**
- Turn off fryer. Put a slice of cheese on patties while they are still in fryer and cheese will slightly melt.
- Place turkey burger on choice of roll and add as many topping as you want.
*Choose any all purpose seasoning that you like. If you want to combine some spices, mix 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
**Since there are many different models of air fryers, the cook time will vary. Use your meat thermometer to test for doneness (165°F).
*** You can make my Keto Rolls with Yeast or purchase your favorite low carb/keto roll. If you want to go bread free, use lettuce leaves as a wrap, and still use the other toppings on the burger. (Nutrition information is for turkey burgers and cheese only).
Keywords: club sandwich, patty melt, turkey patty