These turkey burgers are very moist and seasoned perfectly. They taste like your favorite grilled turkey burger, but are cooked so quickly in an air fryer. Serve them with all your favorite toppings and enjoy a low carb and keto friendly meal.
Why this recipe is just so good...
- Anytime we can serve something very healthy that happens to be very tasty, well that is always a win-win. These turkey burgers are so juicy, even though they are lower in saturated fat than ground beef. They are perfectly seasoned but not too spicy.
- We love being able to have any kind of burger without grilling outside if the weather isn't cooperating. These turkey burgers cook quickly while you can get the rest of dinner prepped. And there is very little cleanup. Air fryers have pretty great nonstick material and don't usually need scrubbing. Another quick air fryer recipe to try is my Air Fryer Crab Cakes.
Ingredients Notes & Substitutions
- This recipe calls for using between 93% fat ground turkey. I would not recommend going any leaner than the 93% or your burgers won't be as juicy.
- The turkey burgers are made with an egg and a little Panko. They act as a binder and hold the burgers together. Regular breadcrumbs would work as a substitution as well.
- Sugar free chili sauce gives the burgers a zesty flavor. You can substitute regular chili sauce if carbs are not an issue. Or sub in some barbecue sauce; sugar free or regular.
- I love to add either an all-purpose seasoning or a hamburger seasoning. You can substitute garlic and onion powder and a bit of salt and pepper.
Step by Step Directions
- Combine together all ingredients except turkey and cheese. Stir well and then add in the ground meat and stir to combine. Lightly rub some olive oil on your fingers to keep meat from sticking to them.
- Form into 4 patties. Handle them lightly, no need to compact it densely.
- Burgers tend to swell a bit in the center as they are cooking. Lightly push an indentation with your thumb in the center of each patty.
- Put patties in the freezer for about 15 minutes. This will help them hold their shape when frying.
- Preheat air fryer to 375°F.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with non stick cooking spray.
- Place burgers in air fryer, close lid and cook for 7 minutes, carefully flip the turkey burger and cook another 7 minutes.
- Test the burgers with a meat thermometer. They are done if they register 165°F. If not, cook a few minutes longer until done.
Cooking and Serving Tips
- Don't open the air fryer and move the patties with a spatula until it is time to flip them. As tempting it may be, don't press down on the patties or they won't be as juicy and could crumble apart.
- I use a Philips XXL model (3 lb./4 qt.). Every model of air fryer is different so your cook time may be a bit shorter or longer. Always use a meat thermometer for accurate testing.
- Choose your bun or roll. For a low carb, keto option, try my Keto Rolls with Yeast.
- We like to top our turkey burgers with cheese, lettuce, tomato, bacon, sliced red onion and a bit of mayo.
- A small side of coleslaw goes really well with this meal.
Some other quick dinners you may like to try:
Please leave a rating and let me know if you tried and enjoyed this recipe. That lets me know what other recipes you would like to see! 😊Print
These healthy turkey burgers cooked in your air fryer are so juicy and taste like they were cooked on a grill. They are a delicious, low carb and keto meal you can serve very quickly any time you are craving a burger.
- 1 lb. ground turkey, 93% lean
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar free chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons burger seasoning*
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- Combine all ingredients except turkey and cheese. Stir well. Mix in ground turkey.
- Rub a little olive oil in your fingers and form turkey into 4 equal size patties. Make a small indentation in the center.
- Put in freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat air fryer to 375°F.
- Spray fryer basket with non stick cooking spray.
- Add patties, close lid and fry for 7 minutes, gently flip patties and continue to cook for another 7 minutes.
- Test patties with meat thermometer. They are done if it registers 165°F. If not done, cook for another minute or two and test again.**
- Turn off fryer. Put a slice of cheese on patties while they are still in fryer and cheese will slightly melt.
- Place turkey burger on choice of roll and add as many topping as you want.
*Choose any all purpose seasoning that you like. If you want to combine some spices, mix ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon onion powder, ½ teaspoon paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
**Since there are many different models of air fryers, the cook time will vary. Use your meat thermometer to test for doneness (165°F).
*** You can make my Keto Rolls with Yeast or purchase your favorite low carb/keto roll. If you want to go bread free, use lettuce leaves as a wrap, and still use the other toppings on the burger. (Nutrition information is for turkey burgers and cheese only).
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: club sandwich, patty melt, turkey patty