This air fryer eye of round roast beef is an easy and delicious main dish that can be served any day of the week thanks to your quick cooking air fryer. Infused with garlic cloves and seasoning, this is an easy dinner that is guaranteed to be full of flavor!
Why this recipe is just so good....
- You don't have to wait to serve this roast on the weekend. The eye round will be ready to eat in about an hour. Just watch the temperature of the beef on a meat thermometer and this is a no fail recipe!
- There is no worry about dried out, overcooked beef. It's easy to keep an eye on your roast and check the internal temperature. Cooking the beef to rare or medium rare will guarantee juicy, tender beef!
You will need the following ingredients to make eye round roast:
- The cut of roast beef I am using is an eye round. It is a lean, economical cut of beef. There is only a thin layer of fat on the top, without much marbling throughout. Cooked to rare or medium rare, it comes out tender, juicy and flavorful.
- Some other options would be a top round roast, sirloin or tenderloin. These cuts all lend themselves well to roasting and air frying. Chuck, bottom round or rump roasts are all better suited to braising, stewing or cooking in a slow cooker or Instant Pot such as my Dutch Oven Pot Roast or Braised Steak and Onions.
- Certified Angus Beef has a full article on different cuts of beef.
- Because there is some fat on top, no additional oil is needed for this roast. It only needs some simple ingredients such as the garlic cloves, some general beef or all purpose seasoning.
How to cook roast beef in an air fryer?
- Remove roast from refrigerator to bring to room temperature.
- Preheat air fryer at 390°F. for 10 minutes.
- Cut (4-6) ½" slits on top of the eye round. Cut the garlic cloves in half or thirds if they are larger. Insert the pieces in the slits of the the beef. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and any other seasonings you'd like on top and the bottom.
- Place beef roast fat side down in the fryer and cook for 10 minutes at 390°F.
- Turn temperature down to 325°F. Flip the roast and continue to cook for another 20 minutes.
- Test with meat thermometer. If it registers 135-140°F, and rests for 10 minutes on a platter, it will be medium well done.
- It's important to preheat the air fryer to a high temperature because you want a good sear on the roast. When you cook it fat side down, the eye round will get a caramelized crust on top that is very flavorful. Then we turn the temperature down to finish cooking.
- Food Safety tells us that the USDA recommends eating beef at 145°F for safety purposes.
- However, if you prefer eating your roast rare, cook until a meat thermometer registers 125-130°F. If you want it medium rare, cook to 135°F. Remember the temperature will raise about 5 degrees after it is removed and sits on a platter. You definitely want to let it rest 10 minutes since the juices will run out quickly if you slice it too soon.
- For tender pieces of beef, slice very thinly.
This roast beef dinner can be served with baked or mashed potatoes. For low carb option, we like to serve ours with mashed cauliflower with a bit of garlic powder and salt and pepper. And we like to add tons of veggies. One of our favorites is my Sweet and Spicy Brussel Sprouts which can be quickly pan fried to add to the meal. Another option is my Sautéed Radishes, which surprisingly tastes similar to fried potatoes. Or you could easily steam some broccoli or cauliflower on the stove top while the roast beef cooks.
If you are serving the roast beef to company and want a special dessert, you can make a light Keto Lemon Cake to finish this meal.
According to the Weight Watchers site, beef loses about 25 % when cooked. So a 2 pound round will yield about 24 ounces. This should serve 6 people if there are side dishes such as vegetables served along side.
Here are some more roast recipes to try:
If you tried and enjoy this recipe, I'd love if you came back and gave it a 5 star rating. This tells me what you like and want to see more of. Thank you!Print
This garlic infused eye round roast beef is an easy and delicious main dish that can be served any day of the week thanks to your quick cooking air fryer.
- 2 lbs. eye round roast
- 2 -3 large garlic cloves *
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon general steak or beef seasoning ( onion, paprika etc)
- Remove roast from refrigerator. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Preheat air fryer at 390°F for 10 minutes.
- Cut (6-8) ½ " slits on top of roast. Peel and cut garlic clove in half and put garlic pieces into the openings of the roast. * Sprinkle roast with salt, pepper and any preferred seasonings.
- Place roast fat side down in the fryer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Lower temperature to 325°F, carefully flip the eye round and continue to roast for about 25-30 minutes.
- Test the beef with a meat thermometer and make sure it registers at least 135°F.
- Remove the roast to a platter, cover with aluminum foil and let it rest. The beef will continue to cook a bit and the temperature will raise about 5-10 degrees higher.*
- Remove the garlic, slice beef thinly and serve with favorite vegetables.
*Use either 2 or 3 garlic cloves depending on how strong of garlic flavor you prefer.
*Cooking the beef fat side down for the first 10 minutes at a high temperature gives the roast a good sear which caramelizes the sugar in the meat and forms a crust to improve the flavor.
*Air Fryers vary in cooking times. I am using a Phillips XL. Yours may take a bit longer or shorter to finish cooking. The thermometer is your best way to gauge the doneness of the beef. Just remember every time you open the Air fryer, it will cool off a bit so take that into consideration of cook time.
*Store leftovers in the refrigerator and use within 3-4 days. You can freeze up to 3 months if stored in airtight container.
Keywords: beef dinner, roast beef