This quick and easy salad is filled with delicate, flaked crab, crunchy vegetables and a tangy dressing. It is the perfect main dish summer salad for lunch or dinner.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 TB ketchup
- 3 TB lemon juice
- 2 tsp horseradish
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 garlic powder
- 2 tsps Old Bay seasoning *
- 2 scallions chopped
- 8 oz can flaked crabmeat, drained
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 TB capers, drained
- 3 radishes, sliced thin
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1/2 large cucumber, sliced
- 2 hardboiled eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs, parsley, dill or chives
- Romain, Butter or Bibb lettuce, chopped
- Combine mayonnaise ketchup, lemon juice, horseradish, seasonings and scallions.
- Place chopped lettuce on a medium size plate or bowl. Arrange vegetables and eggs on top.
- Put crabmeat in center of salad and drizzle some dressing over top of salad. Serve remaining dressing with the salad.
* You can use lump crabmeat instead of the flaked crab.
** Old Bay seasoning is commonly used on fish dishes. If you don’t have any, you can use a copycat recipe here.
*** Store the leftover salad and dressing separately in refrigerator. Use within 3 days.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Crab Louie Salad