Crab Louie is a quick and easy salad that you will love to eat for either lunch or dinner. It is filled with crunchy vegetables, soft, flaked crabmeat and a tangy dressing. It is also low carb so we can enjoy this salad and know that it is so healthy for us!
- crabmeat-soft, delicate texture of flaked crabmeat is perfect for the recipe. But you can substitute lump crabmeat as well.
- celery, scallions, radishes and cucumber- these veggies provide tons of crunch and add to the fresh, crisp flavor of the salad.
- hardboiled eggs- eggs are a great addition to many salads; enhancing the flavor as well as adding more protein.
- avocado- provides healthy fats
- cherry tomatoes add a burst of juicy flavor to the salad.
- parsley is a perfect herb to add to this salad. It doesn't have an overly strong flavor but adds a fresh, slightly peppery taste.
How to make Crab Louie:
This salad could not be easier to make.
- Whisk the mayo, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, horseradish, seasonings and scallions together for the dressing.
- Place the lettuce on a large plate or bowl and put all the vegetables and eggs on top. Add the crabmeat and then drizzle with dressing. Top with capers and parsley.
Easy ways to serve the salad:
- Eat the salad on a bed of chopped lettuce. Or serve on lettuce leaf "boats".
- Serve it in a hollowed out tomato or bell pepper.
- Combine the veggies, crab and dressing and place on a roll, tortilla wrap or serve with crackers.
Some substitutions you can make:
- Use chopped, lump crabmeat instead of canned, flaked. If you love crabmeat, try my Air Fryer Crab Cakes!
- You can substitute chili paste for the ketchup and chili powder.
- Avocado mayo would also be great instead of regular mayonnaise.
- If you don't have Old Bay seasoning, you can mix a quick combination of spices using this copycat recipe.
- Try to use up any leftovers by the next day or the vegetables may get soggy.
- You can prepare the salad ahead of time. Just keep vegetables, crab and dressing separate and put together when ready to serve.
Some of my other delicious salad you may like to try:
I would love to know if you tried this recipe. Please tell me in the comments or tag me on Instagram!Print
This quick and easy salad is filled with delicate, flaked crab, crunchy vegetables and a tangy dressing. It is the perfect main dish summer salad for lunch or dinner.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 TB ketchup
- 3 TB lemon juice
- 2 tsp horseradish
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ garlic powder
- 2 tsps Old Bay seasoning *
- 2 scallions chopped
- 8 oz can flaked crabmeat, drained
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 TB capers, drained
- 3 radishes, sliced thin
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- ½ large cucumber, sliced
- 2 hardboiled eggs, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs, parsley, dill or chives
- Romain, Butter or Bibb lettuce, chopped
- Combine mayonnaise ketchup, lemon juice, horseradish, seasonings and scallions.
- Place chopped lettuce on a medium size plate or bowl. Arrange vegetables and eggs on top.
- Put crabmeat in center of salad and drizzle some dressing over top of salad. Serve remaining dressing with the salad.
* You can use lump crabmeat instead of the flaked crab.
** Old Bay seasoning is commonly used on fish dishes. If you don't have any, you can use a copycat recipe here.
*** Store the leftover salad and dressing separately in refrigerator. Use within 3 days.
Keywords: Crab Louie Salad