Fresh, homemade creamy garlic dressing is the perfect topping to a healthy salad. This recipe is so quick and easy to make, you will always want homemade dressing.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup half and half (or milk)
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, finely grated or minced
- 2 tablespoons rice or white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar or sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and use a whisk to mix well.
- You can use a processor or blender but only process for 30-60 seconds. Mixing too long will change the texture of the mayonnaise.
- For the best flavor, refrigerate the dressing for about an hour before serving.
- Store leftover dressing in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
*For a low carb/keto option, you can substitute the regular sugar for Monkfruit or Swerve.
**The rice wine and white wine vinegar are a bit sweeter and less acidic in this recipe. But you can substitute them for white vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
***Rather than finely mince your garlic, try grating the cloves and the garlic will be more like a paste.
****If you would like a thinner dressing, just add an additional tablespoon or two of half and half or milk.
Keywords: Condiment, Marinade, Salad Dressing