A Sunday best roast beef dinner you can make on a weeknight. A lean eye round with your choice of vegetables is easy and full of flavor.
- 3 lbs . eye round beef roast
- 3 -4 cloves of garlic
- 2- 3 lbs. yellow baby potatoes
- 1- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- seasoning/salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour/cornstarch mixed with 1 cup of water
- 1 cup beef broth
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Make little holes on top of beef, slice garlic and put into the holes.
- Season top of roast with salt and pepper
- Prepare potatoes- wash thoroughly, coat with oil and sprinkle with your choice of seasonings.
- Put roast in oven for about 15 minutes, then turn down temperature to 325°.
- Prepare additional vegetables of choice.
- Put potatoes in roasting pan and continue to roast the beef with potatoes until meat thermometer registers 140°F. (approximately 50 -60 minutes longer)
- During the last few minutes of roasting the beef, cook additional vegetables, either roasting, microwaving or steaming. Keep warm while making slicing beef and making gravy.
- Let eye round rest on platter while you make the gravy. Make a slurry of flour and water. Stir into pan juices on stovetop, if pan can go on stovetop, or use a saucepan. Add the beef broth and bring to a boil, simmer for a few minutes until thickened.
- Remove garlic pieces from roast, thinly slice and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
Keywords: Garlic Eye Round Roast Dinner