These tender beef flank steak fajitas are a quick and delicious meal cooked in your Instant Pot. Combine beef, veggies and some flavorful seasonings and dinner is ready in about 30 minutes. Leftovers, if you have any, are even tastier the next day!
- 2 lbs. Flank steak, sliced in thin strips * see note
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 TB chili powder
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 8–10 cherry tomatos
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 TB worchestire sauce
- Slice the flank steak against the grain into thin strips, about 3 inches long. Combine all the spices in a bowl, add steak and stir to coat steak.
- Add olive oil to instant pot and set to saute’. Add in sliced onion and cook for 2 minutes so that the onion begins to brown and caramelize. Add the sliced beef and cook for about 3 minutes. The steak will brown but it won’t be fully cooked yet. Press cancel on the instant pot.
- Put the remaining vegetables, broth and worchestire sauce into instant pot. Make sure the instant pot is set to ‘sealing’. Press high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When the instant pot is done and beeps, turn it off and let it do a natural release for 5 minutes. When the instant pot is finished, carefully change the sealing setting to “venting”. (Use a long handled spoon to avoid remaining steam). ** see note
- When instant pot is done venting the steam, the lid will be able to be opened. Serve fajita steak and veggies on your choice of tortillas, mashed or riced cauliflower.
*Take note of how to slice the flank steak in post above. It will make the differene between tender or tough beef.
**Be very careful when changing the setting to venting. I use a long handled wooden spoon and just lightly tap the dial incrementally until all the steam is released.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
Keywords: Instant Pot Steak Fajitas