These Jerk Chicken Wings are marinated with smokey, spicy seasonings and tangy lime juice. Baked in the oven until perfectly crispy, they are a great choice for parties or family dinner.
- 3 pounds chicken wings, separated into drummettes and flat tips (about 20 pieces)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 -2 teaspoons habanero pepper sauce *
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice, (about 2 large limes)
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger, or 1/2 teaspoon ground
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar ( I used Swerve sugar substitute)**
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons vinegar
- Place chicken wings in a zipper style plastic bag.
- Stir together all spices, habanero sauce, lime juice, vinegar and oil. Pour over chicken wings.
- Place in refrigerator and let marinate for at least 2 hours or up to 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly spray a cooking rack with non stick spray. Remove wings from marinade and place on a rack over a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes and flip the wings over and continue baking for another 20 minutes.
- If you want the skin to be extra crispy, you can place the wings under the broiler for 2-3 minutes.
- Check chicken wings with meat thermometer. The wings are done at 165°F.
- We are keeping the wings lower carb and using brown sugar substitute. You can use regular brown sugar, it won't affect the marinade.
- Habanero sauce brands vary in their spiciness/heat level. Always start with the lowest amount and taste the marinade. You can always add more if you like it spicier.
- Make sure to lightly pat the wings dry after you have removed them from marinade. This will help make them crispy in the oven.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Jamaican
Keywords: Jerk Chicken Wings