Julienne Salad is a delicious low carb lunch or light dinner. What could be healthier than a platter of sliced meats, cheeses, vegetables and leafy greens? It is simply dressed with a tangy lemon Dijon vinaigrette.
- 4 cups of chopped Romaine lettuce
- 2 stalks celery, julienne sliced
- 1 large cucumber, sliced
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 large bell pepper, julienned
- 1 red onion, julienned
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 large hardboiled eggs, quartered
- 1/2 lb. sliced turkey, julienne sliced
- 1/2 lb. sliced roast beef, julienne sliced
- 1/2 lb. Swiss cheese, julienne sliced
Lemon Dijon Dressing
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar or sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste or minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make the dressing- combine the ingredients in a jar or bottle with lid. Shake well, taste for seasoning. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve salad.
- Wash, chop and dry the lettuce. Wash and slice all vegetables.
- Slice the meats and cheeses.
- To serve: Remove dressing from refrigerator and let it warm to room temperature. Shake to mix.
- Place the lettuce on a large platter and layer the veggies, meats and cheeses on top.
- Pass dressing with the salad. Enjoy!
* Make sure lettuce greens and vegetables are dry by using a Salad Spinner or towels before putting salad together. It will stay fresh longer.
* If not serving right away, store the lettuce, vegetables, meats and cheeses in separate containers in the refrigerator.
*Pass the dressing instead of pouring some over the salad when serving. Let everyone decide how much they want on their salad and the greens will stay fresh.
Keywords: Chef Salad, Leafy Green salad, main dish salad