This keto chicken stir fry is a quick and easy weeknight meal. Filled with tender chicken, healthy vegetables and a low carb version of a savory, flavorful sauce. It is also perfect for meal prep since it freezes and reheats very well.
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless chicken breast, thinly sliced in strips
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 TBs cooking sherry *
- 3 - 4 TBs brown sugar substitute ( I used Swerve)
- 1/3 cup beef broth/stock
- 2 crushed garlic cloves or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. oyster sauce **
- 2 TB canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 carrot, peeled & sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeds removed and sliced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeds removed, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut in small uniform pieces
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 TB sesame seeds, optional for garnish
- 2 TB chopped green onions, optional for garnish
- Combine all stir fry teriyaki sauce ingredients in a measuring cup and set aside. ( Taste sauce to see if it needs more soy sauce, spice or sweetener)***
- Heat 1 TB oil in a wok or large fry pan and quickly saute' the chicken strips until lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Heat another TB. of oil, fry the peppers, onions and carrots about 2 minutes. Add the peas and broccoli and continue to fry until vegetables are cooked but still a bit crisp.
- Add chicken back to pan and pour sauce over all. Cover pan and bring to a low simmer. Stir and cook for 3 minutes until sauce is heated through.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or zoodles. Garnish with a sprinkle of chopped green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
* Cooking sherry is not the same as drinking sherry. It can be substituted with a tablespoon or two of rice wine vinegar.
** Oyster sauce has it's own unique flavor and adds so much richness to the recipe. However, if you need to substitute for it, you can try adding a bit more soy sauce and brown sugar substitute. You can also add jarred hoisen or garlic sauce. But read the labels- some have a lot of sugar added.
***This sauce is very adaptable. You can add more seasoning if you'd like. Or if you want a bit saltier, add more soy sauce. Sweeter-add more sugar substitute. It's better to start with less, you can also add more.
Leftover stir fry can be stored in refrigerator for 3 days. It can also be frozen for two months in an airtight container. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight. Heat in microwave to serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: Keto Chicken Stir Fry