This moist vanilla keto cake has a strawberry swirl and strawberry glaze. It could not be easier, no mixer required!
- 1 cup finely chopped ripe strawberries
- 6 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar substitute
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups fine almond flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum or gluccoman powder
To make glaze:
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar substitute, lemon juice and strawberries and heat to a boil.
- Lower flame, simmer and stir for about 5-10 minutes. Press down on the berries with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula so that the berries break down and thicken into a jam-like consistency. Remove from heat and let cool.
Preheat oven to 300°F. ( or 325° if using light metal pan) *
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with a fork. Add in the rest of wet ingredients and mix together. **
- Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl, whisk well.
- Pour dry ingredients into the wet batter and mix together.
- Spray pan with non stick baking spray. ***
- Pour half the batter in pan, spoon the strawberry puree onto the batter, reserving 1/4 cup for the glaze on top of cake. Pour the rest of the cake batter into pan.
- Using a thin knife swirl the batter in a "S" design, turning pan to swirl.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Test with a toothpick or skewer. If wet, bake another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes on cooling rack.
- Put a plate or platter on top of pan, turn over and cake should slide out. If needed, give the pan a few taps or gently shake pan to remove cake.
- When fully cool, mix the strawberry puree with 1-2 tablespoons of water to make a pourable glaze. Drizzle over cake or use a pastry brush to spread the glaze.
*If using a dark cake pan, keep oven temperature at 300°. If using a lighter metal pan, you can raise the temperature to 325°. Either way, test the cake for doneness at the lower time and if not done, bake a little longer and recheck after 5-10 minutes.
**Don't spray your pan too far in advance or the oil in the spray will drip down the pan and pool at the bottom.
***Make sure you beat the eggs separately before combining with the other wet ingredients. This will help avoid over mixing the batter.
Keywords: low carb fruit dessert, strawberry glaze, no mixer required cake