This moist and delicious keto bundt cake is made with a fresh strawberry puree. With its sweet vanilla cake and a light strawberry glaze, you will love this low carb summertime dessert.
Why this recipe is just so good.....
- This is an easy no-fail cake. It needs just some basic ingredients that most keto bakers have in their kitchen and does not require a mixer! The sugar free strawberry cake lasts a good week in the refrigerator. Just bring to room temperature before serving.
- I love using fresh strawberries in season. But this cake works with out of season strawberries too. When you make the strawberry puree, it sweetens even sour and bland berries some grocery stores sell.
- There is nothing better than fresh farmstand berries. But this cake is perfect during any season, even using store bought strawberries.
- Some sugar free sweetener and a splash of lemon combine to make a tasty strawberry reduction to swirl in the cake. This is also a great way to sweeten grocery strawberries. Bon Appetit has some great suggestions for less than perfect berries.
Step by Step Directions
- Heat and stir the chopped strawberries, lemon juice and sugar substitute over medium flame to a simmer. Let simmer for approximately 10 minutes, using a wooden spoon to press down on the berries until it thickens and forms a jam-like consistency.
- Reserve ¼ cup of the puree. Let cool.
- Preheat your oven to 300°F.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl. And then mix in the wet ingredients together with the eggs.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and pour into the bowl of wet ingredients and mix together. The batter will be thick.
- Spray a nonstick bundt with baking spray (preferably one with flour).
- Pour half the batter into the pan, spread the strawberry puree' over that layer and then add the rest of the batter on top.
- Use a thin knife to swirl the batter in a "S" shape, turning the pan until it is completely swirled.
- Bake 35 minutes and test with a toothpick or skewer. If it is still wet, bake another 5 -10 minutes and test again. Let cool for 15 minutes before turning pan over and removing cake onto a cooling rack.
- Cool completely on a rack.
- After cake has cooled, mix the reserved ¼ cup strawberry puree' with 1 -2 tablespoons of water to make a glaze. If the puree' is not a pourable consistency, you can heat it for 30 seconds in the microwave. Drizzle over the cake or you can use a pastry brush to brush on the glaze.
How to prevent a bundt cake from sticking?
- If you have a choice, it's best to use a lighter color pan to prevent over-baking which can cause sticking.
- Even if you always spray and flour your pans, using one with a non stick finish will help.
- According to Southern Living, you can use shortening to grease your pan and then flour it. I have used that technique, but prefer using a baking spray with flour in the ingredients and have great success. Don't forget to spray the center tube. It is also suggested not to prep your pan too far in advance because the oil will slide to the bottom of pan. I always wait until the batter is mixed.
- After the cake has cooled for 10-20 minutes, run a thin knife or metal spatula around the outer and inner edge of the pan. Be gentle so as not to scratch the finish of the pan.
- Place a plate or cake platter on top of the pan, turn pan over and the cake should slide out. You can also give the pan a gentle shake or tap to help remove the cake.
- You'll note that this recipe requires the eggs to be beaten first, then added into the rest of the wet ingredients. In this case it is to avoid over beating the batter and to keep the cake light and fluffy.
- Room temperature eggs and dairy improve texture in the cakes. This helps to create a consistently smooth batter which makes cakes and baked goods light and airy.
- Don't leave out the xanthan gum or glucomann powder. They help with thickening the batter in low carb and keto baking.
- The general rule is to lower the oven temperature if using a dark cake pan. If you are NOT using a dark pan, your cake may need a bit longer in the oven. You can also raise the oven temperature to 325°F instead of 300°F.
Please let me know in the comments below and with a 5 star rating if you like this recipe!
Check out this other delicious desserts:Print
Keto Strawberry and Cream Cake
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
This moist vanilla keto cake has a strawberry swirl and strawberry glaze. It could not be easier, no mixer required!
- 1 cup finely chopped ripe strawberries
- 6 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup sugar substitute
- ¼ cup melted unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups fine almond flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum or gluccoman powder
To make glaze:
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar substitute, lemon juice and strawberries and heat to a boil.
- Lower flame, simmer and stir for about 5-10 minutes. Press down on the berries with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula so that the berries break down and thicken into a jam-like consistency. Remove from heat and let cool.
Preheat oven to 300°F. ( or 325° if using light metal pan) *
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with a fork. Add in the rest of wet ingredients and mix together. **
- Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl, whisk well.
- Pour dry ingredients into the wet batter and mix together.
- Spray pan with non stick baking spray. ***
- Pour half the batter in pan, spoon the strawberry puree onto the batter, reserving ¼ cup for the glaze on top of cake. Pour the rest of the cake batter into pan.
- Using a thin knife swirl the batter in a "S" design, turning pan to swirl.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Test with a toothpick or skewer. If wet, bake another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes on cooling rack.
- Put a plate or platter on top of pan, turn over and cake should slide out. If needed, give the pan a few taps or gently shake pan to remove cake.
- When fully cool, mix the strawberry puree with 1-2 tablespoons of water to make a pourable glaze. Drizzle over cake or use a pastry brush to spread the glaze.
*If using a dark cake pan, keep oven temperature at 300°. If using a lighter metal pan, you can raise the temperature to 325°. Either way, test the cake for doneness at the lower time and if not done, bake a little longer and recheck after 5-10 minutes.
**Don't spray your pan too far in advance or the oil in the spray will drip down the pan and pool at the bottom.
***Make sure you beat the eggs separately before combining with the other wet ingredients. This will help avoid over mixing the batter.
Keywords: low carb fruit dessert, strawberry glaze, no mixer required cake
Leave a Reply