This Low Carb Triple Chocolate Pie is for serious chocolate lovers! It has a chocolate crust, layered with a rich dark chocolate ganache and topped with a creamy chocolate mousse. This pie is a totally extravagant and unbelievably decadent sugar free dessert.
Why this recipe is just so good...
- Deep dark chocolate keto friendly pie is a special sugar free dessert. Every bite is an indulgent treat.
- It is a beautiful dessert to serve at a special dinner or Holiday.
- Fancy doesn't always mean complicated. This pie may look complicated but is actually very easy. Other than the crust, it is a no-bake pie recipe. You can even prep parts of the recipe ahead or as time allows. Make the crust, filling or whipped cream and put it together when you are ready.
- We definitely love desserts around here and if you do too, take a look at the variety of keto and sugar free recipes we have on the blog. Pie lovers will want to check out our favorite Keto Coconut Pie or Keto Pumpkin Chiffon Pie.
*Here is a brief list of recipe ingredients. See the full recipe below.*
- heavy cream
- powdered sugar substitute
- cream cheese
- sugar free chocolate chips
- dark cocoa powder
These products are optional, but I like to add them whenever I make a chocolate dessert. A small amount of espresso powder and chocolate extract add richness and enhanced chocolate flavor.
How to make a Keto Pie Crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9" pie plate with non-stick baking spray.
- Combine the almond flour, sugar substitute, cocoa powder, salt and butter.
- Press the crust mixture onto bottom and side of pie plate. Poke holes in it with tines of fork.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes .
How to make Keto Chocolate Ganache
Make the ganache- melt the chocolate chips and stir in the heavy cream until smooth. Pour over the pie crust. While making the whipped cream and mousse filling, refrigerate the crust to allow ganache to harden.
How to make keto whipped cream
- Beat whipping cream and powered sweetener until stiff peaks form on the beaters. Divide cream into 2 ½ cups for filling and 1 ½ cups for topping.
How to make Low Carb Chocolate Pie
- Melt chocolate chips and butter together. Stir well to smooth the melted chocolate.
- Beat the softened cream cheese, sweetener, cocoa powder, espresso powder and extract, if using.
- Stir in the melted chocolate and butter. Fold in whipped cream for the filling. Pour into the pie crust, smooth top. Top with remaining whipped cream.
- Be sure to use cold heavy cream for the fluffiest whipped cream. I usually put the container in the back of the fridge. Also, you can put the beaters and bowl in the freezer for 30 minutes before you make the whipped cream.
- Lightly fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture so it stays fluffy and doesn't deflate.
- To make serving the pie a bit easier, run your knife under hot water, carefully wipe dry and cut the pie.
Yes, use the tines of a fork and poke 7 or 8 holes in the bottom of the crust. This will help keep the bottom crust flat and avoid air bubbles.
The whipped cream won't be watery when it is mixed into the mousse filling of the pie. It will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. The whipped cream on top of the pie sometimes may seem a bit watery after a few days.
You can add a bit of unflavored gelatin to the whipped cream which will be a stabilizer.
Mix ½ teaspoon into 1 tablespoon cold water, stir and heat for 10 seconds. Cool a few minutes then slowly stir into the heavy cream as you are beating it.
Did you like this recipe? If you did, I'd love if you gave it a 5 star rating. This tells me what you enjoy and wan to see more of. Thank you!
CHOCOLATE DESSERTS GALORE!!
Low Carb Triple Chocolate Pie
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Refrigerate: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
This Low Carb Triple Chocolate Pie is for the serious chocolate lovers! It has a chocolate crust, layered with a rich dark chocolate ganache and topped with a creamy chocolate mousse. This pie is a totally extravagant and unbelievably decadent sugar free dessert.
- 2 cups almond flour, sifted
- ⅓ cup sugar substitute
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup dark cocoa
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 ounces keto chocolate chips*
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar substitute
- ⅓ cup dark cocoa powder
- 4 ounce cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ⅓ cup sugar free chocolate chips ( I used Lily's)
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar substitute
- 2 ½ cups whipped cream (remaining whipped cream is for topping)
- 1 teaspoon chocolate extract (optional)
- ½ teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray with non-stick baking spray. Stir together the dry ingredients in a bowl. Stir in the melted butter. Press into the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate. Use fingers or bottom of glass or measuring cup to press down well onto plate. Use tines of fork to poke about 7-8 holes in crust. Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- Measure chocolate chips and cream into a glass bowl and melt in 30 second increments in the microwave. Or you can melt chocolate over a double boiler and stir in the cream separately.
- Spread on the bottom of crust, let cool for 5 minutes and then refrigerate to fully cool and harden.
- Pour cold heavy cream into cold mixing bowl and beat for 1 minute. Add sweetener and continue beating until the cream has stiff peaks.* (2 ½ cups will be for filling, 1 ½ cups for topping.)
- In a glass bowl, heat the butter and chocolate chips in a microwave in 30 second increments, or over a double boiler, until melted.
- Combine the cream cheese, sweetener, cocoa powder, espresso powder and extract, if using, in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth. (about 1 minute) Pour the melted chocolate into bowl and mix for 30 seconds.
- Spoon in the 2 ½ cups whipped cream into the chocolate mixture and fold in by hand. Use a spatula to combine the whipped cream, turning bowl to completely mix together. But don't over mix it.
- Pour the mousse filling over the hardened ganache pie crust. Smooth the top.
- Using the remaining 1 ½ cups whipped cream, either put the whipped cream on top and smooth the topping. Or pipe the whipped cream around the edges (as pictured).
- Optional - Decorate with shaved sugar free chocolate.
*You will know the whipped cream is done when it doesn't drip off the beaters when you turn them upside down. Don't over beat or it will look like the consistency of butter.
*2 cups of heavy cream will make 4 cups of whipped cream.
*The pie can be frozen whole or in individual slices in an airtight container for up to one month.
Keywords: keto dessert, chocolate, sugar free dessert, low carb, ganache
Leave a Reply