This Low Carb Triple Chocolate Pie is for the serious chocolate lovers! It has a chocolate crust, layered with a rich dark chocolate ganache and topped with a creamy chocolate mousse. This pie is a totally extravagant and unbelievably decadent sugar free dessert.
- 2 cups almond flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup sugar substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 ounces keto chocolate chips*
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar substitute
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 4 ounce cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar free chocolate chips ( I used Lily's)
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar substitute
- 2 1/2 cups whipped cream (remaining whipped cream is for topping)
- 1 teaspoon chocolate extract (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray with non-stick baking spray. Stir together the dry ingredients in a bowl. Stir in the melted butter. Press into the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate. Use fingers or bottom of glass or measuring cup to press down well onto plate. Use tines of fork to poke about 7-8 holes in crust. Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- Measure chocolate chips and cream into a glass bowl and melt in 30 second increments in the microwave. Or you can melt chocolate over a double boiler and stir in the cream separately.
- Spread on the bottom of crust, let cool for 5 minutes and then refrigerate to fully cool and harden.
- Pour cold heavy cream into cold mixing bowl and beat for 1 minute. Add sweetener and continue beating until the cream has stiff peaks.* (2 1/2 cups will be for filling, 1 1/2 cups for topping.)
- In a glass bowl, heat the butter and chocolate chips in a microwave in 30 second increments, or over a double boiler, until melted.
- Combine the cream cheese, sweetener, cocoa powder, espresso powder and extract, if using, in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth. (about 1 minute) Pour the melted chocolate into bowl and mix for 30 seconds.
- Spoon in the 2 1/2 cups whipped cream into the chocolate mixture and fold in by hand. Use a spatula to combine the whipped cream, turning bowl to completely mix together. But don't over mix it.
- Pour the mousse filling over the hardened ganache pie crust. Smooth the top.
- Using the remaining 1 1/2 cups whipped cream, either put the whipped cream on top and smooth the topping. Or pipe the whipped cream around the edges (as pictured).
- Optional - Decorate with shaved sugar free chocolate.
*You will know the whipped cream is done when it doesn't drip off the beaters when you turn them upside down. Don't over beat or it will look like the consistency of butter.
*2 cups of heavy cream will make 4 cups of whipped cream.
*The pie can be frozen whole or in individual slices in an airtight container for up to one month.
Keywords: keto dessert, chocolate, sugar free dessert, low carb, ganache