For those of us who miss their morning breakfast sandwich while trying to keep our carb intake low, this bagel breakfast is perfect.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xantham gum powder
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted butter + 1 tablespoon melted for brushing on top of bagel
- 3 tablespoons of seasoning of your choice; (I use Everything but the bagel seasoning)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with either parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a small bowl and set aside.
- Melt mozzarella and cream cheese in the microwave on high for one minute. Stir cheeses and microwave for another minute. Stir, microwave another 30 seconds if needs to completely melt together.
- Using a sturdy spoon, mix in beaten eggs, butter and dry ingredients mixture. Stir together until a dough begins to form. It will seem very wet and eggy for a bit, then the dough will start to hold together as you continue to stir the batter. The dough will be wet and sticky.
- Divide dough into 6 pieces. Using lightly wet hands, roll each piece into a log shape about 6-8 inches long. Then connect ends together to form a bagel shape.
- Place bagels on lined baking sheet. Lightly brush each bagel with melted butter and then dip the tops into the seasoning.
- Bake at 400°F for about 12-16 minutes or until lightly browned
*You do not have to brush bagels with butter before pressing into seasonings. I have done it both ways. The seasoning will stick either way and you can save an extra step and some calories. The butter just gives a bit more flavor.
*The bagels will keep at room temperature in an airtight container for about 3 days.
* *These bagels store beautifully in the freezer. It’s best to preslice them and keep in freezer bags or glass containers.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
Keywords: Low Carb Bagel Breakfast Sandwich