This low carb sweet carrot casserole is a cross beteen a side dish and a souffle'-like dessert. Either way, it is a healthy, keto-friendly recipe that is easy to serve for your family or Holiday dinner.
- 6 large carrots- washed, peeled, cut into 1" pieces
- 3/4 cup sugar substitute
- 1/2 cup milk, half and half or cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash, peel and cut carrots into 1" pieces
- Place in a medium saucepan of boiling water.
- Cook on medium heat for approximatley 20 minutes or until carrots are fork tender. (able to easily break in half with fork) Drain well.
- Put cooked carrots and the rest of ingredients into a food processor or high powered blender.
- Process/blend until carrots are smooth and all ingredients are mixed together.
- Use some non stick baking spray to lightly coat a casserole dish.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until set.
- Make sure your carrots are completely cooked before blending to ensure a smooth texture. Carrots are a naturally grainy root vegetable so they take a bit longer to cook than others.
- You can use cup-for-cup measurement of regular granular sugar if you'd prefer not making this recipe low carb.
- I would consider this casserole to be on the medium level of sweetness. The original recipe of sweet potatoes used more sugar. You can add another 1/4-1/2 cup of sugar substitute/sugar to make it sweeter. Always taste first before adding more sugar or salt. It's always easier to add more of something than try to fix it if you added too much. 😊
Keywords: Keto Carrot Souffle, Low Carb Creamy Carrot Casserole,