This sausage tray bake is an easy sheet pan meal that has everything you want for dinner. It has a delicious variety of vegetables, sausages and a tasty sauce drizzled over everything. All this and dinner is on the a table in less than an hour.
- 5 sausages *
- 8 ounces carrots, chopped*
- 3 bell peppers, chopped *
- 1 medium red onion, chopped*
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1/4 tomato paste
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- variety of fresh herbs - thyme, rosemary, oregano *
- Chop the vegetables into similar sizes. Pour them and the sausages into large glass bowl.
- Stir together the chicken broth, olive oil, tomato paste, chopped herbs, seasonings, garlic, salt, pepper. Pour the sauce over the sausages and vegetables and mix well.
- Let everything sit and marinate while the oven is heating to 400°F.
Remove the sausage and vegetables from marinade and spread evenly onto a baking tray that has been lined with parchment paper.
Drizzle some of the sauce over everything. Add some optional fresh herbs to the pan.
6.Bake for 40 minutes. Test the sausages with an internal meat thermometer. They are done at 165°F. Put back in the oven if they are not quite done and let them cook a bit longer.
7. The vegetables will be done at the same time as the sausages. They should be just barely crisp, but not soggy.
*Instead of Italian sausages, you can use Andouille, Bratwurst, chicken sausage or other favorite raw sausage. If you use a precooked sausage, they will be done before the vegetables and may dry out.
* Try to chop the vegetables into similar size to allow even cooking.
*If you don't have fresh herbs, just use an extra teaspoon seasonings
Keywords: Sausages, traybake, sheet pan, one pan dinner, low carb meal