You will love this easy recipe for thinly sliced chicken breasts and delicious roasted vegetables. Boneless chicken is marinated in Italian herbs and seasonings and baked in the oven. You can be sure it will be so juicy and full of flavor.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar/sugar substitute
- 1.75 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons chicken seasoning*
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning *
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 pound radishes, quartered
- 1 pound baby carrots, sliced in half
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 6 pickled jalapeños, optional
- 1/4 cups red pimento peppers, optional
- Stir together the marinade ingredients and place in large bowl or shallow casserole dish. (Save 2-3 tablespoons for brushing on vegetables.)
- If chicken breasts are thick, slice each one horizontally so they are about 1/2" thick. *
- Place chicken in marinade and refrigerate until ready to use. (at least 30 minutes, up to overnight)
- Wash, peel, cut vegetables
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place vegetables on large sheet pan, brush with some marinade and roast for 20 minutes.
- Combine the dry rub ingredients in a small bowl, set aside.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator, drain marinade. Pat chicken dry with paper towel. Pat the dry rub onto both sides of chicken.
- Remove pan from oven. Lower oven temperature to 350°. Place chicken on top of vegetables. Brush more marinade on vegetables.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 165°F.
*Italian seasoning substitute: 1/2 teaspoon ground basil, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
*Chicken seasoning substitute: 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon thyme, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon celery salt.
*3 chicken breasts weighing 1 3/4 pounds were sliced and made 6 thin cutlets.
*If you like the chicken to be slightly browned, place pan under the broiler for about two minutes. Watch closely so it doesn't burn.
*Leftover chicken and vegetables will keep covered in the refrigerator for 3 days. You can reheat them in the microwave for 1-2 minutes until hot. Or you can put leftovers in a fry pan with a tablespoon or two of water and cook a few minutes until heated through.
Keywords: chicken cutlets, chicken breast recipe, thin sliced chicken, roasted vegetables, marinate