These keto buffalo chicken wings are layered with a tasty mix of seasonings and coated with a delicious sauce. They are so flavorful, with just the right amount of heat. Serve them with lots of blue cheese dressing and plenty of napkins!!
What is the difference between buffalo wings and hot wings?
Buffalo wings, created in Buffalo, NY, are usually deep fried and coated in a savory sauce that has hot sauce, butter, vinegar and seasonings. However, hot wings are exactly that. The wings’ seasonings include chili peppers. So, depending on how much spice you prefer, they could make your eyes water and throat burn; some say a good burn!
How to make Keto Buffalo Chicken Wings?
These wings are easily made by first combining some seasonings and coating the chicken. Cooking them on a rack on a baking tray will allow the fat to drip down and help the wings get nice and crispy. They will cook for approximately 40 minutes.
While the wings are cooking, prepare the sauce by mixing the hot sauce and melted butter in a large bowl. When the wings are done, place them in the bowl of sauce and stir to fully coat each wing.
How to store leftover chicken wings?
IF you have any leftover wings, you can store them in a container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat the next day on a baking sheet in a 350°F oven for 10-15 minutes.
I have also frozen leftover chicken wings by placing them in a zippered freezer bag. Just push all of the air out of the bag, label with the date and store in the freezer for up to three months. To reheat the wings, thaw in the refrigerator overnight, and place on a baking sheet in a 350°F oven for about 15 minutes, or until hot.
Don’t these wings look so tasty?!! I hope you try them as a snack or as part of a low carb meal. You may also like my Low Carb Sweet Garlic Chicken. If you’ve tried these recipes, please let me know in the comments below. 😊Print
These keto buffalo chicken wings are layered with lots of seasonings and coated in a delicious sauce. They are so flavorful with just the right amount of heat. Serve with blue cheese dressing and lots of napkins!!!
- 3 lbs. chicken wings, separated into drummets and flat wing tips (about 20 wing pieces)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp salt & pepper
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup hot sauce ( I used Frank’s)
- 4 TB melted butter
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix seasonings together in a large bowl.
- Put chicken in bowl and stir to fully coat the chicken.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a cooling rack on top.
- Place seasoned chicken on rack.
- Cook chicken for 20 minutes. Take out of oven and using a fork or tongs, turn the wings over. Continue to cook the wings for another 20 minutes or until light brown and internal temperature is 165° when tested with a meat thermometer.
- Mix the melted butter and hot sauce together in a separate bowl and put the cooked wing in and stir to fully coat them with the sauce.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing and lots of napkins!!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Keto Buffalo Chicken Wings