This keto lemonade is so tasty and refreshing. You won’t want to wait for a hot summer day to enjoy the flavor and all the benefits of lemons. And because it is made with sugar substitute, it is a no calorie beverage you can have anytime you’d like.
Lemons are one of those wonderful multitasking foods that do not get enough credit. Not only do they add so much flavor to our drinks and meals, but their health benefits are fantastic as well.
What can we thank the lovely lemon for?
- According to Healthline, lemons are high in vitamin C, a primary antioxidant that helps protect cells from damaging free radicals.
- The vitamin C also may help reduce wrinkling in skin.
- Lemons aid in digestion. Many people use them by drinking with warm water to jump start their digestive system in the morning.
- They help remove odors from our hands. And can lessen bad breath bu stimulating saliva.
- The citric acid in lemons can help prevent kidney stones.
- Lemons promote hydration and possible weight loss by flavoring the water we need to drink to maintain good health.
Just some simple ingredients are needed for Keto Lemonade:
- sugar substitute
And some simple steps to follow:
- Mix the sugar substitute and 1 cup of water in a pot on stovetop.
- Bring to a simmer, stir to dissolve the sugar. Remove from stove to cool a bit.
- Pour lemon mixture and remaining water into a pitcher. Taste for sweetness/strength. Add more sugar or water to your preferance
- Serve over ice and enjoy!!
To go along with this keto lemonade, you might like to try myPrint
This keto lemonade is sweet and tangy and so refreshing. It’s so delicious you don’t have to wait for a hot summer day to enjoy it!
- 3/4 – 1 cup of sugar substitute
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice ( approximately 6–7 lemons)
- 4–5 additional cups of water
- Heat the sugar substitute and 1 cup of water on stovetop and bring to a simmer
- Stir the sugar until it fully dissolves, remove from heat.
- As you juice your lemons, you can put the liquid through a fine strainer to remove pulp and seeds.
- Pour the syrup, lemon juice and additional water into a pitcher and stir to combine.
- Taste for sweetness, adding more water or sugar substitute if needed.
- Add ice and serve.
** The purpose of making the simple syrup is to fully dissolve the sugar substitute. It only take a few minutes and helps to incorporate the sweetness throughout the lemonade.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Keto Lemonade