This simple recipe for air fryer radishes really shows off the adaptable quality of the simple radish. Tossed with your favorite seasonings and some olive oil, the air fryer turns the radishes into a crispy, tasty, healthy side dish. And if you are a dipper, you will love the sriracha dipping sauce that is beyond delicious!
Why this recipe is just so good...
- It's a low carb, keto recipe. Radishes have very low carbs, about 2 grams per cup.
- Radishes are not just a crunchy, peppery vegetable that people put in a salad. Many people consider them to be a delicious alternative for starchy potatoes. While I don't think they are 1:1 for potatoes, the seasonings really liven up the flavor and air frying the radishes changes the texture to have a soft, tender inside with a golden crust on the outside.
- This is an easy, quick recipe and they are ready in about 15 minutes.
- Some other vegetable recipes you may want to try are Marinated asparagus, Roasted Squash and Sweet and Spicy Brussels sprouts.
We are using about 1 pound of red radishes that range in size from 1-2 inch in diameter.
Olive oil, paprika, celery seed, garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper are the seasonings used for this recipe.
Radishes are a great vegetables to experiment with different seasonings. You can try some basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, cilantro, dill, chives or parsley. If you'd like some spiciness, add a bit of cayenne or red pepper flakes.Any of those spices would taste great with the radishes.
How to cook radishes in the air fryer?
Preheat air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes. Cut off the green tops of fresh radishes and quarter them or cut in half, depending on size.
Combine the seasonings in a medium bowl, add radishes and pour the olive oil over them. Stir to mix together.
Place radishes in a single layer in the fryer and cook for 7 minutes. Stir radishes and cook for another 7 minutes or until a fork pierces them easily and they are crispy on the outside.
How to make Sriracha sauce
In a small bowl, stir the spices, lemon juice, sriracha and mayo. Drizzle in the olive oil and whisk well. I suggest adding half the sriracha at a time, taste test and add more as desired. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Tips for Air Frying
No need to peel the radishes. The skin is very thin and will get nice and browned.
Cut the radishes into similar size to allow for even cooking.
Instead of shaking the air fryer, use a spatula to turn the radishes
Always preheat the air fryer to make sure the radishes will get maximum crispness.
If you tried this recipe and enjoyed it, I'd love if you gave it a 5 star rating. This tells me what you like and want to see more of. Thank you!
MORE DELICIOUS VEGGIES!
This simple recipe for air fryer radishes really shows off the adaptable quality of the simple radish. Tossed with your favorite seasonings and some olive oil, the air fryer turns the radishes into a crispy, tasty, healthy side dish. And if you are a dipper, you will love the sriracha dipping sauce that beyond delicious!
- 1 pound radishes, green tops cut off and quartered *
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 teaspoons sriracha or chili sauce
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, stir all sauce ingredients together, pouring the olive oil last and whisking to combine.
- Taste for spiciness. Add an extra drop of sriracha if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes.
- Cut tops of radishes, cut in quarter or halves, depending on size.
- Combine oil and seasonings in a bowl. Pour in radishes and stir to mix all together.
- Place radishes in fryer and cook for 7 minutes. Turn with spatula and fry another 7 minutes or until they are easily pierced with a fork and are crispy.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
* If radishes are on the small side, cut them in half instead of quarters.
*Add just a half or full teaspoon of sriracha at time. Taste for flavor. It is pretty hot, so add only a bit at a time.
*Nutrition is based on about 1 tablespoon sauce per serving. I had leftover sauce which was served with some grilled chicken for the next night's dinner!
*Store leftovers, covered in the refrigerator for 3 days.
*To freeze-store in airtight container for up to 3 months.
*To reheat, saute' refrigerated or defrosted radishes in a fry pan or in the air fryer for about 5 minutes or until heated though.
Keywords: radish, vegetables, side dish, low carb, keto