Keto whipped cream is such an easy recipe to make, you will never want to use a topping from a can again! Also, with just the addition of some extracts, your whipped cream can take your dessert to a totally different flavor.
What you need to make flavored whipped cream:
- dark cocoa powder to make chocolate whipped cream
- coconut extract
- raspberry extract
- sugar substitute (I used Monkfruit confectioners)
- heavy cream
Is there a difference between heavy and whipping cream?
When making a recipe that needs cream added to it, either heavy or whipping cream would be fine. But for a whipped cream topping, it's best to use heavy cream. It has a higher percentage of milk fat and will hold its shape longer. Also one cup of heavy cream will make 2 cups of whipped cream. If you don't need as much whipped cream, just cut the recipe in half.
How to make whipped cream:
- The most important part of making keto whipped cream is what happens before you actually make it. It is essential that you chill your beaters and mixing bowl in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- You can use a hand mixer but is easier if you have a stand mixer.
- Beat the heavy cream, sweetener and extract on low for 30 seconds and then gradually increase speed to medium high. Beat for another minute and then check the cream on the beater.
- The whipped cream below was beat for 1 ½ minutes and its still a bit soft and not quite ready. Note how it seems to slide down the beater and not hold its shape.
- Beat for another minute and check again.
- The whipped cream below was beat for 3 minutes. It is the perfect consistency and if beat any further may end up as butter!
So now that we have these flavored whipped creams and different toppings, what are we going to do with them?
Add them to your favorite keto dessert and watch it go from a simply delicious dessert to an extraordinary one! If you try this recipe, please let me know in the comments what flavor is your favorite.
You will love this keto whipped cream on my sugar free banana pudding as well. If you have tried any of my recipes, please let me know in the comments below! 😊Print
Keto whipped cream is quick and easy to make. Add your choice of extracts and you can level up your desserts with different flavored whipped cream.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 TB powdered sugar substitute ( I used Monkfruit confectioners)
- 1 tsp extract of choice (vanilla, coconut, rasberry, lemon etc)
- Chill beaters and bowl in freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, extract and sweetener to mixer and beat on low for 30 seconds
- Increase speed gradually to medium high for another 1-2 minutes. Check the whipped cream on the beaters for form, consistency and sweetness. It should be in soft peaks and not run down the beater. Beat another minute if needed.
- If not using the whipped cream right away, store in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
This recipe will make 2 cups whipped cream. With ¼ cup per serving, that will make about 8 servings. If you don't need as much, just cut the recipe in half and you will have 4 servings.
- Category: Desert
- Method: Kitchen appliance
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: ¼ cup
Keywords: Keto Whipped Cream