You can have tender steak bites for dinner without fussing with a grill. Bite size filet beef cubes are a delicious and filling low carb, keto friendly meal. They are marinated in a seasoned, savory vinaigrette, then quickly cooked in an air fryer. And the blue cheese dipping sauce is the perfect go along with your beef.
Why these steak bites are just so good.....
- Cooking the steak bites in an air fryer really tastes like they were cooked on a grill. But you don't have to watch over them as closely and the weather will never be an issue! They cook for a bit in the fryer, then flip them and finish cooking. It's that easy to have a low carb, quick dinner whenever you want!
- Clean up is so quick. The steak bites do not stick to the fryer because they have been marinated with some olive oil.
- It's very easy to control the doneness of the beef that you prefer. They consistently come out as rare or as well done as you choose.
- The perfect side dish to go along with these steak bites are my Air Fryer Marinated Mushrooms. You can use the same marinade ingredients for the mushrooms. Just marinate them separately from the beef.
- This recipe includes a simple marinade that give great savory flavor to the steak. Balsamic dressing provides the acid that helps tenderize the beef and the olive oil adds flavor and keeps the meat juicy. You can substitute an Italian dressing and another oil if you would like.
- This recipe uses tenderloin beef filet which is a very tender and lean cut of beef and is delicious in this recipe. Cut the beef into 1 inch cubes to ensure even cooking.
Step by Step Directions
- Combine all marinade ingredients in large bowl.
- Cut steak into 1 inch cubes and place in bowl. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour for flavors to mix into beef.
- If you are in a hurry and want a shortcut, just stir the meat in the marinade and let it sit at room temperature for five minutes or so. Drain the beef and continue on to air fry. It won't be as deeply flavored with the marinade but it will taste delicious either way!
- Combine the blue cheese sauce ingredients. Stir well and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove steak from refrigerator about 15 minutes before cooking. Drain the beef from the marinade.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F. Place cubes in air fryer so that they lay flat. If there is not enough room to spread the steak bites in an even layer, then cook in two batches.
- Cook for four minutes, flip the steak and cook another four minutes or until they are done to your desired temperature.
We are using filet beef which is a very tender cut. If you want to try flank steak, strip steak or top sirloin, they would all be good choices in the air fryer. There is some great information on Beef, it's what for dinner for choosing different cuts of beef.
Use a meat thermometer and check what temperature it reads.
If you like your steak rare to medium rare: 125° -135°, medium to medium well: 140° - 150°, well done: 160°. (although this isn't recommended since the steak will be tougher.)
Yes, place in airtight container and freeze up to 2-3 months. Defrost overnight in refrigerator and reheat the steak in an air fryer. Set it to 350° and cook the steak for just 2 - 3 minutes. If the beef was not well done the first time it was cooked, that will help it stay tender and juicy as it is reheated.
Here are some other delicious recipes to try! Please let me know if you enjoyed my recipes. I welcome feedback and would love if you gave them a rating. 😊Print
Bite sized, tender pieces of filet beef are marinated in a savory vinegariette and then quickly cooked in an air fryer. The perfect go along is a creamy blue cheese dipping sauce.
- 1 pound filet steak, cut into 1" cubes*
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic or Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon sugar or sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together the blue cheese dipping sauce ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until time to serve. *
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl and stir in the cubed beef. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.**
- Remove from refrigerator and drain the marinade from the beef.
- Preheat air fryer for 4 minutes at 400°F.
- Place steak cubes in air fryer basket in an even layer, not crowding the meat. (Cook in two batches if needed.)
- Close basket drawer and cook steak for 4 minutes. Flip the cubed steak and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Test one cube with a thermometer and continue cooking until the meat reaches desired doneness. ***
- Serve with the blue cheese dipping sauce!
*Instead of filet steak, you can also try flank, top sirloin or boneless strip steak.
** The dipping sauce will thicken a bit as it gets cold in the refrigerator.
***If you are in a hurry, to save time you can just combine the meat and the marinade and let it sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. It will still absorb some of the marinade flavor.
****I used a Philips Premium XXL Air Fryer for this recipe. All models cook differently and may need a shorter or longer time to cook.
*****Please note, the nutrition information reflects not using all the marinade. When the beef is drained, all but about 2-3 tablespoons remained so the fat content reflects that. Also, the dipping sauce allows for a generous portion of sauce. If less is used then the calorie and fat count will be less.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Beef dinner, quick meal, low carb, keto