This ribeye steak is everything a weeknight dinner should be, quick, easy and delicious! It is briefly marinated for extra flavor and cooked in your air fryer to the perfect preferred doneness. Just add a side dish and enjoy a healthy dinner you will want to put on repeat.
Why this recipe is just so good...
- Ribeye steak is an outstanding choice for a cut of beef for dinner. It has just the right amount of fat to make it full of flavor and very juicy and tender. This meal would definitely be competition for any steakhouse dinner.
- We love having alternative ways to cook our meals. No grill or not the perfect grilling weather? Just pull out your air fryer! The steak cooks is less than 15 minutes.
- Beef is a great choice for low carb or keto diets.
- Even though ribeye is quite flavorful on its own, a simple marinade will add even more tenderness and flavor to the beef. Just 20-30 minutes is needed.
- If you want to skip the marinade and save some time, just use about 1 tablespoon of olive oil to spread over the beef. And make a simple dry rub of ½ teaspoon each salt, pepper, garlic powder. Or use your favorite steak seasoning.
- Place steaks in a single layer in air fryer so as not to crowd them and cause steaming.
- Always use tongs instead of a fork to move/flip the steak. Using a fork will pierce the meat and the juices will run out.
- Let the steak rest a few minutes after cooking for the juices to reabsorb into the meat.
Choosing the perfect ribeye is fairly easy. According to Steak Revolution, it may be labeled Delmonico or Spencer, which is the same as a ribeye. Look for a steak that is between ¾" and 1" thick. If you use too thin of a steak, it is more likely that you may overcook it.
If you can, select organic or grass fed beef for best quality.
Pick a steak that has some marbling of fat in the center of the beef.
Can you marinate steak too long?
It is not necessary to marinate ribeye steak since they have a good amount of fat running through the meat. However, a simple marinade will add extra flavor and tenderness to an already great steak. 20-30 minutes is the minimum amount of time needed. Marinating steak longer than 8 hours is not recommended, especially for a tender steak such as ribeye. The acid in the marinade will begin to break down the fibers in the meat and it will become mushy.
Absolutely, but since the air fryer doesn't get as hot as an indoor or outdoor grill, always preheat it at the highest temperature your model has, usually 400-425°F. Also, make sure you pat dry the beef to ensure you are cooking and not steaming the meat.
What to serve with a Ribeye Steak?
Steak seems to go well with many side dishes but if you want to keep it on the lighter side, some simple vegetables would be perfect. We served ours with some sautéed onions and cherry tomatoes.
Here are more delicious steak recipes to try:
We love steak in our house and since there are so many ways to cook it, it never gets boring! But our favorite is cooked straight up til it's rare for hubby and medium for me! There are so many different cuts available, why not try one for dinner soon!!!
If you tried this recipe and enjoyed it, I'd love if you gave it a 5 star rating. This tells me what you like and want to see more of. Thank you!Print
This ribeye steak recipe is everything a weeknight dinner should be. It is briefly marinated for extra flavor and cooked in your air fryer to the perfect preferred doneness. Just add a side dish and enjoy a quick and delicious steak dinner.
- 2 ribeye steak, 16 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey balsamic dressing ( or balsamic dressing and 1 teaspoon of sweetener)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder or paste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Combine ingredients for marinade and stir well. Place steaks in a plastic storage bag or large glass bowl. Pour marinade over and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Drain marinade and discard. Lightly pat steaks dry with paper towel. Place steaks in air fryer basket in a flat even layer. Don't crowd the steak of put them on top of each other.
- Cook steaks for 5 minutes on one side, flip over and cook for another 5 minutes or it has a nice golden crust.
- Test meat with internal meat thermometer. 130°F will be medium rare, 140°F is medium and 150°F will be medium well. Cook another 1-2 minutes if needed for desired temperature.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing to allow juices to reabsorb back into the meat.
* I used a Philips XXL air fryer for this recipe. Since all air fryers cook at different times/temps, always use your thermometer to test for doneness.
* Leftovers can be reheated in a grill pan for a few minutes or in the air fryer. Use within 3 days. You can also slice it cold and use in a sandwich or on a salad.
*Or freeze leftovers and use within 3 months. Store in airtight container and defrost overnight in the refrigerator.
*Note that the carbohydrate count in the marinade is minimal. After I drained the marinade, there was only a few teaspoons unaccounted for for the entire recipe.
Keywords: Beef dinner, quick meal, low carb, keto, marinated steak